Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A final thought.

Since I have been a slacking blogger I thought I would leave you with a final post for the day. While we were in Charlotte Brad and Lindsay gave us some great tips on how to eat healthier and substitute some of out favorite foods with heathier options. The first is a substiute for olive oil, which we use a lot. They introduced us to the world of coconut oil. It is much healthier and works just as well. The second fun food is a substitute for sour cream. Say hello to greek yogurt.

Tonight for dinner we bought pork chops and fried them up in the coconut oil. We had collard greens and fried green tomatoes (from our garden), also fried in coconut oil. I always have to have a starch with my meal, so I had mashed potatoes topped with.... GREEK YOGURT.

The meal was simply delicious.
































For another delicious meal idea click HERE to see the low calorie meal that Amanda and I prepared and click HERE for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment